- The folder datashare/ which you can find in each secure collaboration project(7) and which any member of the project can write to.
- The website https://datashare.molbiol.ox.ac.uk : All data stored in /datashare/ is publicly available via this web server.
Additionally, please note that the datashare service is not a web publishing service. Whilst it is possible to place any data you wish in this folder, including HTML data or reference data, we do not guarantee the long term availablily of the data nor do we guarantee that the URL will be maintained at its current location. Do not use datashare for long term sharing of data and do not include datashare URLs in publications.
- Decide which collaboration project you want your data associated with. For this example, I'll use sysadmin.
- If you don't have one already, create a directory in the project's datashare directory for your data.
$ mkdir /project/sysadmin/datashare/dtooke
- Copy your data into it. Please note that you cannot use symlinks to point to other storage locations on the cluster. For example:
$ cp /project/sysadmin/dtooke/files.tar /project/sysadmin/datashare/dtooke/
- Your data will appear at datashare.molbiol.ox.ac.uk/public/project/PROJECTNAME/FOLDERNAME/FILENAME. For example, the file copied above could be accessed via datashare.molbiol.ox.ac.uk/public/project/sysadmin/dtooke/files.tar.
It is not possible to list files by pointing your browser at a directory - you must give the full path to each file as above. If you wish to transfer multiple files it may be more convenient to create a tar(1) archive and then copy that. It is also not possible to customise web server configuration using htaccess files; if you have a need of advanced features please contact us.